Code of Conduct
Our community upholds a high standard
AutomationSTAR is a place for conversations, for different perspectives, and for a diverse and worldwide community to share ideas in a space where everyone feels safe and respected. All participants in AutomationSTAR Conferences (and related events) including AutomationSTAR staff, exhibitor staff, volunteers, speakers and attending delegates are required to abide by our Code of Conduct. We will not tolerate harassment in any form.
As part of a Automation Conferences event, you agree to be kind, be respectful, and be considerate.
These behaviours don’t belong at AutomationSTAR Conferences events:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination (related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion)
- Being disruptive during talks or events, deliberate intimidation, stalking or following anyone.
- Sexual harassment of any kind, including unwelcome sexual attention and inappropriate physical contact or sexual images in public spaces.
- Invasion of privacy, harassing for photos or recordings of any kind. Inappropriate or repetitive contact with other attendees designed to sell your product or service outside of the EXPO booth areas
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. We expect participants to follow these rules at all times while attending an AutomationSTAR event.
Exhibitors in the Expo, on sponsor booths, or similar are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular; exhibitors should not use sexualised images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualised clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualised environment.
Access to Events
We, in our discretion, and without any liability or obligation to refund, reserve the right to refuse participation to – or to remove access to – our events anyone that we determine:
- is behaving in a manner that could disrupt, hinder or cause a nuisance to the Event or to the enjoyment of any other person or partner at the Event;
- represents a security or health & safety risk to the Event or to any person or partner; and/or
You agree to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your access to or participation in the Event.
We encourage feedback across all aspects of our events. Our speakers appreciate feedback on their talks, EXPO partners invite feedback on their products and many attendees engage in discussions where feedback is asked on ideas. Our Code of Conduct applies in all circumstances. Please remember that feedback, whether positive or constructive, should be delivered with respect. This applies to in-person or anonymised feedback forms.
Contact us to report an incident
If, while taking part in an AutomationSTAR Conferences event, you have been involved in or have witnessed an incident that violates the Code of Conduct, please let one of our AutomationSTAR Conference Team know who will alert a senior member of AutomationSTAR or alternatively use our reporting form (below) to let key AutomationSTAR Conference managers know of your concerns or specific incident. An AutomationSTAR staff member is always available at the Conference Information Desk or for virtual events, via private messaging or private video chat. We ask that share as much information as possible to help us conduct a full investigation of the incident.
AutomationSTAR Conference commitment
AutomationSTAR Conferences will investigate all incidents reported at an event with discretion and confidentiality. If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, the conference organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender and/or expulsion from the conference (with no refund). If required, conference management will be able to help participants contact venue security or relevant local law enforcement, provide escorts if requested, and/or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance and want AutomationSTAR Conferences to always ensure a safe environment for everybody.
Should you prefer to not to approach a staff member directly, you may also use the form below to alert our senior management to an incident.